Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Shadow Eyes by Dusty Crabtree



Shadow Eyes by Dusty Crabtree 
 February 2, 2012



Book Description (taken from amazon.com):

Iris Kohl lives in a world populated by murky shadows that surround, harass, and entice unsuspecting individuals toward evil. But she is the only one who can see them. She’s had this ability to see the shadows, as well as brilliantly glowing light figures, ever since an obscure, tragic incident on her fourteenth birthday three years earlier. 

Although she’s learned to cope, the view of her world begins to shift upon the arrival of three mysterious characters. First, a handsome new teacher whose presence scares away shadows; second, a new friend with an awe-inspiring aura; and third, a mysterious and alluring new student whom Iris has a hard time resisting despite already having a boyfriend.

As the shadows invade and terrorize her own life and family, she must ultimately revisit the most horrific event of her life in order to learn her true identity and become the hero she was meant to be.




My Opinion:

    This book had so many emotions in it and it took me for a roller coaster ride even with me being pregnant I still believe I would have cried and laughed as much as if I wasn't pregnant. Iris Kohl has to grow up so fast at such a young age of 14. There was such a horrible tragic event that happened on her birthday, that when it comes to her mother and sister aren't sure if they should mention to Iris on her birthday happy birthday. This book also reminded me of high school, you have a hot new teacher, 2 best friends that you can spend all day together but they don't know your deepest darkest secret, a new student you aren't sure about and a boy you like. 


 Dusty Crabtree has an amazing talent when it comes to writing. I hope to read more of her work soon. She goes into details of each character, doesn't have any boring or anything like that in her book. She also makes you relate to her writing on a personal level like I did in high school. Thank you to Dusty Crabtree for giving me this chance to read her work and I apologize for me taking to long to get this review up. I above everyone else is kicking myself for taking so logn to read this because I love it!


Stars:
5 out of 5 stars


Where to buy the book: 


http://www.amazon.com/Shadow-Eyes-ebook/dp/B0074VOH16/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/shadow-eyes-dusty-crabtree/1107226298?ean=2940014754057

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/129501

Goodreads page:


http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15733491-shadow-eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment